Network Sites:   Home-Remedies-For-You.com |  DietHealthClub.com |  Pregnancy-Baby-Care.com |  MedicalHealthTests.com |  Yogawiz.com |  PetHealthAndCare.com |  HealthyLifeInfo.com

Amniocentesis for Rh Sensitization During Pregnancy Test

Submitted on March 27, 2012

Going through a pregnancy is one of the highlights of a woman’s lifetime, despite the fact that her body will endure a significant amount of pain and discomfort right through the term of the pregnancy. Because of the fact that a pregnancy is a very critical stage for the woman’s body with a number of chemical balances within the body being thrown out of gear on a regular basis as a result of the varying hormonal levels, there are a number of medical tests that may be required in order to ensure that the delivery is being carried out as planned.

The Amniocentesis for Rh sensitization during pregnancy test, also known as an AFT, is a prenatal procedure that will allow your healthcare provider to gather a significant amount of information about your baby’s health. The doctor would use the amniotic fluid for Rh sensitization during pregnancy. This is the fluid that surrounds the uterus. One of the most common reasons for which an Amniocentesis for Rh sensitization during pregnancy test may be conducted is in the event that the parents are looking to identify if the child will suffer from any genetic disorders or even some kind of chromosomal abnormality such as Down syndrome.

Reasons of Amniocentesis

Some of the other reasons for which an Amniocentesis for Rh sensitization during pregnancy procedure may be carried out include the diagnosis or ruling out of uterine infection, assessing the maturity of the baby’s lungs and ensuring that the baby remains unaffected in the event that the mother is suffering from some kind of blood sensitization such as Rh sensitization. This medical test is also widely used in the diagnosis of sex chromosome abnormalities as well as a number of other blood disorders including sickle cell disease and Tay-Sachs disease.

The Amniocentesis for Rh sensitization during pregnancy test is usually carried out in between the 15th and 20th week of the pregnancy. It must be noted, however, that were the medical practitioner to undertake the procedure anytime earlier to this time line could possibly have a long term effect on the limbs of the baby. Despite the fact that the procedure is rather routine, studies have shown that about 70% of those women that have undergone the procedure have reported no discomfort or pain. However, the remaining 30% are likely to suffer from a number of minor to major complications such as the refusal of the puncture wound to heal properly as well as infection in the amniotic sac from the needle that was used.

ADVERTISEMENT